- My grandmother called and while I didn’t want to/wanted to do anything but… I spoke to her on the phone and made/played nice. I am thankful for being able to put aside my issues and to be able to make her day/Christmas.
- I am thankful for being able to spend Christmas with my family
- I am thankful that no fights/issues/problems occurred this year at Christmas… everyone got along (unlike last year)
- I am thankful for the food, even if I did eat wayyyy too much of it
- I am thankful for being able to have the funds to give presents
- I am thankful I don’t have to work at 5am tomorrow.. (10am is early enough)
- I am thankful that everyone enjoyed themselves.
- I am thankful for the memories
I am happy that today went well… and that for once (in a long time) I just enjoyed my Christmas rather than stressing over it, or having an argument break out cause of something silly.
I like the change of pace… the new out look. The fact that I am choosing to find the good (even when it is hard to do so) rather than the bad.
I am proud of myself for handling my grandmother so well… even though I spent hours the night before fretting about it. I choose to take control/charge of the situation rather than sitting back and getting emotional about her calling… and that made all the difference
So go me…